On 14th December 2016 a workshop will be held in Madrid, organized by CITOLIVA with the support of the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment, with the object of presenting the entire European project POnTE-“Pest Organisms threatening Europe” in Spain, with a special focus on Xylella fastidiosa. It will be a dissemination event whose target audience will be mainly:
• Producers and companies in the olive sector and / or vegetables
• Forestry companies and managers
• Associations and bodies representing olive, vegetable and / or forestry
• Research centers and technology centers related to agriculture, forestry and / or plant health
• Bodies and entities controlling agriculture, forestry and / or plant health
• Public authorities with responsibility for agriculture, forestry and / or plant health
• Policy makers and stakeholders, in general
Partners from POnTE project will present the project and all the pathogens studied, such us Xylella fastidiosa on olives, Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum on vegetables and Hymenoscyphus fraxineus (anamorph. Chalara fraxinea) and Phytophthora spp. (Hp and Phy) on forests. Special sessions will focus on Xylella fastidiosa and olives: state of the art, vectors and control.
All the speeches will be only in Spanish (without translation) due to the native language of the target audience.
In order to keep track of the attendance those interested in attending are kindly invited to complete the registration form.