The management structure set for POnTE aims to ensure that effective methods for planning, communicating, dissemination and decision making are in place, that the project work is performed on schedule, that deliverables and reports are delivered on time and within the allocated budget, and that the project objectives and outcomes are achieved.
The formal bodies within the administrative structure of POnTE project are the General Assembly, the Management Board, the Scientific Coordination Team and Project Coordinator that coordinates the project on the everyday level. A Scientific Advisory Group with internationally acknowledged scientists, together with a Board of Stakeholders, will support and comment on research progress and results of dissemination within the project.
His primary role is to represent the intermediary between the European Commission (EC) and the Consortium as well as to be the promoter and supervisor of the overall technical and scientific progress of POnTE.
- Donato BOSCIA (CNR-IPSP, Italy)
THE SCIENTIFIC COORDINATION TEAM
The Scientific Coordination Team is a management body chaired by the Project Coordinator, it is composed by the sub-coordinators in charge for the coordination of the research and dissemination activities related to the three pathosystems targeted by POnTE.
TOPIC XYLELLA FASTIDIOSA
- Maria SAPONARI (CNR-IPSP, Italy)
TOPIC CANDIDATUS LIBERIBACTER SOLANACEARUM
- Anne NISSINEN (LUKE, Finland)
- Françoise POLIAKOFF (ANSES-LSV, France)
- María Milagros LÓPEZ (IVIA-PPBC, Spain) former member
TOPIC EMERGING DISEASES OF FORESTS
- Ana PEREZ-SIERRA (FORESTRY RES AG, United Kingdom)
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The General Assembly is the decision-making body of the project. All project partners are seated in the General Assembly, chaired by the project coordinator. The General Assembly meets annually, unless the interest of the project may require intermediate meetings, to consider the reports of the Project Coordinator, the Scientific Coordination Team, accounts for the past financial year, and to decide upon changes to the Implementation Plan.
THE MANAGEMENT BOARD
The Management Board is the decision-implementing body of the project. Chaired by the coordinator, the Management Board is composed of the following persons (WP leaders), each of them holding both scientific excellence and strong experience in large collaborative research and development projects.
- Donato BOSCIA (CNR-IPSP, Italy) Project Coordinator, WP11 Leader
- Ana PEREZ-SIERRA (FORESTRY RES AG, United Kingdom) WP1 Leader
- Maria SAPONARI (CNR-IPSP, Italy) WP2 Leader
- Blanca Beatriz LANDA (CSIC, Spain) WP3 Leader
- Françoise POLIAKOFF (ANSES-LSV, France) WP4 Leader
- Francesco PORCELLI (UNIBA, Italy) WP5 Leader
- José BLASCO (IVIA-AC, Spain) WP6 Leader
- Pasquale SALDARELLI (CNR-IPSP, Italy), WP7 Leader
- Alfons Oude LANSINK (WU-BEC, The Netherlands) WP8 Leader
- Anne NISSINEN (LUKE, Finland) WP9 Leader
- Aleksa OBRADOVIĆ (UB-FA, Serbia) WP10 Leader María Milagros LÓPEZ (IVIA-PPBC, Spain) WP4 Leader former member
Each WP leader will be coadiuvated by two sub-coordinators with overall expertise covering the three pathosystems targeted by the Project.
- Annalisa GIAMPETRUZZI (UNIBA-DiSSPA, Italy)
- María Milagros LÓPEZ (IVIA-PPBC, Spain) previous assignment
- Antonio VICENT CIVERA (IVIA-PPBC, Spain)
- Trond RAFOSS (NIBIO, Norway)
- Juan Antonio NAVAS-CORTÉS (CSIC-IAS, Spain)
THE COORDINATION TEAM
The Coordination Team, provided by CNR-IPSP, is in particular responsible for project administration, consolidation of the annual project reports, financial monitoring and partner assistance.
- Maria SAPONARI (CNR-IPSP, Italy), responsible for scientific and technical monitoring and coordination with EU and national Projects;
- Massimiliano MORELLI (CNR-IPSP, Italy), task manager, developer of the web collaborative platform and responsible for daily communication between Coordination Team and Beneficiaries;
- Luciana SAVINO (CNR-IPSP, Italy), task manager, responsible for individual assistance on issues related to financial and administrative management;