The management structure set for POnTE aims to ensure that effective methods for planning, communicating, dissemination and decision making are in place, that the project work is performed on schedule, that deliverables and reports are delivered on time and within the allocated budget, and that the project objectives and outcomes are achieved.
The formal bodies within the administrative structure of POnTE project are the General Assembly, the Management Board, the Scientific Coordination Team and Project Coordinator that coordinates the project on the everyday level. A Scientific Advisory Group with internationally acknowledged scientists, together with a Board of Stakeholders, will support and comment on research progress and results of dissemination within the project.
His primary role is to represent the intermediary between the European Commission (EC) and the Consortium as well as to be the promoter and supervisor of the overall technical and scientific progress of POnTE.
- Donato BOSCIA (CNR-IPSP, Italy)
THE SCIENTIFIC COORDINATION TEAM
The Scientific Coordination Team is a management body chaired by the Project Coordinator, it is composed by the sub-coordinators in charge for the coordination of the research and dissemination activities related to the three pathosystems targeted by POnTE.
TOPIC XYLELLA FASTIDIOSA
- Maria SAPONARI (CNR-IPSP, Italy)
TOPIC CANDIDATUS LIBERIBACTER SOLANACEARUM
- Anne NISSINEN (LUKE, Finland)
- Françoise POLIAKOFF (ANSES-LSV, France)
- María Milagros LÓPEZ (IVIA-PPBC, Spain) former member
TOPIC EMERGING DISEASES OF FORESTS
- Ana PEREZ-SIERRA (FORESTRY RES AG, United Kingdom)
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The General Assembly is the decision-making body of the project. All project partners are seated in the General Assembly, chaired by the project coordinator. The General Assembly meets annually, unless the interest of the project may require intermediate meetings, to consider the reports of the Project Coordinator, the Scientific Coordination Team, accounts for the past financial year, and to decide upon changes to the Implementation Plan.
THE MANAGEMENT BOARD
The Management Board is the decision-implementing body of the project. Chaired by the coordinator, the Management Board is composed of the following persons (WP leaders), each of them holding both scientific excellence and strong experience in large collaborative research and development projects.
- Donato BOSCIA (CNR-IPSP, Italy) Project Coordinator, WP11 Leader
- Ana PEREZ-SIERRA (FORESTRY RES AG, United Kingdom) WP1 Leader
- Maria SAPONARI (CNR-IPSP, Italy) WP2 Leader
- Blanca Beatriz LANDA (CSIC, Spain) WP3 Leader
- Françoise POLIAKOFF (ANSES-LSV, France) WP4 Leader
- Francesco PORCELLI (UNIBA, Italy) WP5 Leader
- José BLASCO (IVIA-AC, Spain) WP6 Leader
- Pasquale SALDARELLI (CNR-IPSP, Italy), WP7 Leader
- Alfons Oude LANSINK (WU-BEC, The Netherlands) WP8 Leader
- Anne NISSINEN (LUKE, Finland) WP9 Leader
- Aleksa OBRADOVIĆ (UB-FA, Serbia) WP10 Leader
María Milagros LÓPEZ (IVIA-PPBC, Spain) WP4 Leaderformer member
Each WP leader will be coadiuvated by two sub-coordinators with overall expertise covering the three pathosystems targeted by the Project.
- Annalisa GIAMPETRUZZI (UNIBA-DiSSPA, Italy)
- María Milagros LÓPEZ (IVIA-PPBC, Spain) previous assignment
- Antonio VICENT CIVERA (IVIA-PPBC, Spain)
- Trond RAFOSS (NIBIO, Norway)
- Juan Antonio NAVAS-CORTÉS (CSIC-IAS, Spain)
The Advisory Group
The scientific advisory group consists of internationally acknowledged scientists and experts from outside the project. The main role of the Scientific Advisory Group is to provide the Project with points of view and advices coming from other scientific communities and areas interested in the outcomes of the project.
Board of Stakeholders
The board of stakeholders is appointed from international and national Plant Protection and quarantine services, from policy makers at the EU level, growers, producers and nurserymen organizations and will ensure that the Consortium takes into account the interests of the stakeholders and end-users and operates for the benefit of the EU growers and of the Plant Protection Services.
The Administrative Team
The Administrative Team, provided by CNR-IPSP, will be made up by the project coordinator assisted by the CNR administrative staff (4 personnel Units) and by a project administrator. The Administrative Team is in particular responsible for project administration, consolidation of the annual project reports, financial monitoring and partner assistance.